EXPORT LOGISTICS FOR AN INTERNATIONAL MINING COMPANY
CLEARANCE, TRANSPORTATION, WAREHOUSING, FREE ON BOARD (FOB) AND OCEAN FREIGHT OF COPPER CATHODES
Our client is a specialized international mining company that constantly acquires high-quality mineral resources abroad. In search of a transport and logistics company that understands the risks associated with transporting copper, Alistair Group has all the knowledge, experience and requirements to assist this customer.
Our customer’s business challenges:
For this specific project, our customer required the transportation, Warehousing, Free On Board (FOB) and Ocean Freight of copper cathodes from Kolwezi, DRC to various points of delivery across the globe via the Durban and Dar es Salaam Ports.
The complexity of the operation included:
- The client requested the transportation to occur within a very thigh transit time
- The semantics associated with international multi-modal freight transport
- There are multiple safety risks involved with the transport of copper as it is highly valuable cargo and a target for theft
- The logistics associated with the cargo being shipped to multiple destinations from the Durban Port
- The warehousing-related ancillary charges (storage fee, costs of extra handling for re-weighing and sampling, and re-strapping)
Our key actions to meet our customers’ expectations:
Our fully integrated offerings allowed us to efficiently and effectively execute this project. We were able to accomplish this since our operations include:
- Fully integrated transportation, product handling, material handling, warehousing and clearance services.
- Our ability to conquer the toughest routes
- Loading Supervisors in DRC and the Origin Ports
- Freight Forwarding
- Multimodal Transportation (Road, Rail and Sea Freight)
As a result, Alistair Group safely transported our client’s cargo from Kolwezi to Durban in record time. Additionally, all cargo reached its destination safely and within transit time. Resulting in a high level of customer satisfaction.